Mobile kneeling chair with height adjustment | Varier Wing balans
£699 inc. VAT & Delivery
◦ Tilt mechanism for active sitting.
◦ 20cm of height adjustment allows for varied positions.
◦ Black plastic cross base with 5 castors and black lacquered beech.
◦ More than 100 upholstery options including leather.
◦ Measurements: W58 x D58 x H52-72 cm
The mobile kneeling chair
The Varier Wing balans may look like an inflexible piece of kit, but looks deceive. Another design from Peter Opsvik, this kneeling seat unites the benefits of the original Variable balans kneeling chair and the Thatsit balans. It then adds wheels and height adjustment to the mix. The Wing balans combines movement and active sitting with mobility.
It’s not just the Variable’s kneeling posture that is built into the Wing balans, a tilt function in the seat allows for some of the rocking found in other balans chairs. Like the Thatsit, the shin pad can also be adjusted and brought closer to the seat, allowing it to be customized to the user’s height. The gas lift offers 20cm of height adjustment, making it suitable for height-adjustable desks in their lower positions.
As something of a hybrid, the Wing balans is tailor-made for those who want a kneeling chair, but don’t want to give up their castors and gas lift quite yet. You can still wheel your chair around and adjust the height, yet also benefit from the correct posture and upright spine that come with a Varier kneeling chair.
And the Wing balans won’t let you go to waste–the unobtrusive activity that the chair encourages will help to strengthen muscles and reduce tension.
Benefits of the Varier Wing balans mobile kneeling chair
- Tilt function in the seat allows for active sitting and movement.
- Strengthened back and core muscles.
- A mobile kneeling chair that promotes a healthy posture.
- Gas lift allows you to choose the height that suits you best.
- Five star base with castors gives you freedom to move in all directions.
- Adjustable shin pads allow for individual customization.
- A hybrid chair combining kneeling chair and swivel chair features.
Peter Opsvik: Norwegian designer designer, artist and jazz saxophonist. Born in 1939, he is probably most famous for the Tripp Trapp chair and the iconic Variable balans (launched in 1979). The Wing balans was launched five years later in 1984. He also designed Varier’s Gravity balans, Thatsit balans, Multi balans, Pendulum and Actulum.
“My theory about sitting is very simple,” says Opsvik, “if we’re allowed to move, we move.” Movement and variation are vital to most of Opsvik’s ergonomic chair designs.